Saturday, June 21, 2014

A few days back, I was standing in the pouring rain, waiting for a bus to take me home.

It's summer, or trying to be, here in Vancouver, but at that particular moment it was raining.  They're doing construction along this road, connected in some way to a new Skytrain [rapid transit] line they're building,  This meant I had to walk -- in the rain -- 2 stops up the road from where I normally boarded the bus.  That was no problem really -- a little exercise which I can always use.

Two young men (around 15) walked up to the bus while I was waiting  One of them was using a modified drink can as a meth or crack pipe, and also, before we boarded, complaining to his friend about how they wouldn't let him on busses, with some reference to a lost bus pass.

He somehow managed to ditch the crack pipe (probably in the trash can conveniently attached to the bus stop sign), but I still wondered if his problems with boarding busses had some connection to his smoking habit.

No comments: